A new financial year means that as an employer you will need to:
- Check if recent changes to the minimum wage effect you and your business – read the full details here
- Provide payment summaries to your employees by 14 July, and send the ATO your payment summary annual report
- Use the latest tax rates to calculate withholding from 1 July. To check on any updates to tax rates go to https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/tax-tables/
- If you are registered for payroll tax, lodge your annual return by 21 July 2017
Further advice and assistance
Workplace laws in Australia are some of the most complex in the world. We have access to a number of resources that can assist you in managing your employee wages and ensure you are fully compliant with workplace laws:
- As a client of O’Connells we are able to submit HR queries on behalf of our clients direct to Workforce Guardian via their HR Advice platform. We are guaranteed of a response in writing within 2 business days.
- If you require assistance with, or are interested in, outsourced payroll management, we highly recommend you contact Darren Farmer at Paymaster Services whose services we have been utilising ourselves for a number of years.
People are our most valuable (and costly) asset – so it’s important we ensure we’re all covered in the event of an incident.
If you do encounter a situation you’re not sure about, please feel free to contact us on 07 3233 6400 and we’ll connect you with the right person who will be able to assist you.