By Olivia Fischer
You’d fix a leaky tap – what about your leaking finances?
We’ve all got little expenses that hit the bank statement every month, that can quickly add up to a big pool of money. David and Libby Koch recently listed 10 of the most common money wasters – how many do you have?
- Bank Charges – don’t be loyal to the big banks that charge you the privilege of having your money in their account, find a better deal!
- Bottled water – a reusable water bottle is not only good for the environment but good for your wallet. Besides, what pay $2.50 for 350mLs when it comes free from the sky anyway?
- Delivery Food Services – could some fresh air and a walk to get your lunch be a better option?
- Credit Card Interest – is there a better rate out there? Or better yet, can you ditch the card entirely? Or make sure you pay on time to reduce the amount of interest at month end?
- Extended Warranties – worthwhile or not?
- Long Distance Calls – can you jump on Skype instead?
- Brand Names – is the good name worth you spending your good dollars on?
- Forgotten Direct Debits – have you got multiple subscriptions that you pay for monthly but don’t actually use anymore?
- Be more organised! – pay on time to limit those late payment fees and extra interest charges!
- Don’t buy steak at a restaurant – does the $40 steak out taste any different from the $5 steak from the local butcher?
Click here for the full article.