If you are looking for a new challenge, read on! We are on the lookout for not one, but two motivated Senior Advisers / Client Managers to join our growing, progressive and impactful team of change makers.
O’Connells OBM is looking for someone to help us do what we do best – better the lives of those we work for and with.
We’re a forward thinking group of business advisers with a knack for creative thinking and a talent for spotting opportunities. Our focus is on what matters most to clients – whether that’s making more profit, creating greater wealth, saving time or of course, being more tax effective.
We were awarded Innovator of the Year in the 2017 Australian Accounting Awards, were Brisbane’s first certified B-Corporation, and have been recognised in the Annual BCorp ‘Best for Workers list’ five years in a row, so you can rest assured that you are joining a team that is using the power of business to create a positive impact for our team, clients and community- all while having a bit of fun along the way.
What’s the role all about?
- To care for a portfolio of clients
- To deliver on our brand promises of being proactive, responsive, accessible, no surprises; and
- To be a trusted advisor to clients – where clients know they have someone they can turn to, who knows them, and is thinking of them.
It’s also important to note that progression within the firm is only limited by where you set your sights.
What you can expect to be doing day-to-day
You can’t do what’s best for clients if you’re operating within a sausage machine – where information simply comes in and gets spat back out with little thought or discussion.
That is why the design and emphasis of this role is on:
- Reviewing financials and tax returns – focusing on high level tax risks & strategies
- Challenging the status quo and workshopping ideas with colleagues to improve clients overall position
- Maintaining client’s (ever growing) ideas database – with the view to taking new thoughts and ideas to clients
- Making appropriate introductions to our affiliated businesses and service offerings where appropriate.
- Leading client meetings and follow-up of such meetings
- Owning actions, initiatives and matters applicable to your clients
- Responding to or acknowledging phone calls or email same day or within 24 hours – as we believe being available to support clients when they need our input is a must; and
- Importantly, communicating with clients regularly to ensure you understand what matters most to them.
Is this role for me?
If this sounds like a place you’d love to work, in a role that you can see yourself thriving in, and you can tick the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you:
- You’re passionate about helping clients build a good business and live a great life
- You’re a CA / CPA with around 5 years of business advisory experience
- You can do debits & credits in your sleep and have solid tax technical knowledge
- You communicate effectively and aren’t shy to pick up the phone
- You are organised and have an ability to juggle priorities ; and
- You can manage client expectations
What’s in it for you?
Our ownership culture gives team members involvement and a say in the business – linked to a team gain share program, individual incentives and the opportunity for equity in the business via our employee share ownership plan. We work together to grow together rather than competing against each other.
Things our team say they like about O’Connells OBM (yes, what they really said):
- Doing great things for great clients
- Exposure to complex problem solving on a range of projects
- Variety – no two days are the same
- Flexibility of work hours, including the ability to work remotely
- Supportive environment – with on the job training using a coaching approach
- Opportunity to explore and develop individual areas of interest
- Autonomy and trust over projects
- Being able to shape my own future and also the firms – all ideas are considered!
Oh, and you will receive a competitive salary package that grows as you grow, that grows as your client base grows – and amongst other benefits – a $5,000 per annum training allowance to help you grow into the best version of yourself.
Additionally, our individual revenue targets are set at 80% of the market expectation – meaning you effectively have a day a week to develop yourself, a service, to improve a process or deepen relationships.
O’Connells OBM is committed to having a positive impact on the lives of all people connected us, which is why we make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or marital status. When recruiting, we encourage applications from minorities, women, the disabled, and all other qualified applicants.
Should you wish to apply – please send your covering letter & resume to: