To enable a claim for motor vehicle expenses via the “log book” method, odometer readings need to be recorded as at 30 June. 

If you are self employed, or an employee in your own right, and the vehicle you drive has less than 1-tonne carrying capacity, please submit your odometer reading declaration using the form below, or download a declaration here and send back to us now or forward it with your other financial records when we are preparing your financial accounts and returns.

Please note that this information is also required by all clients on the acquisition and disposal of any motor vehicles.

    Taxpayer Full Name

    Vehicle Make

    If you selected Other above, please enter your vehicle make

    Registration Number

    Date of Reading

    Odometer Reading


    Upload a photo of your odometer reading

    By submitting this declaration, you declare that the information is true and correct.